Monday, November 30, 2015

Wrap Up

Hello readers! Sadly, this will be my last blog post about Villains and Superheroes. I hope you all enjoyed what I have had to offer. After doing all of this research and reading, I've learned that surprisingly, not all villains are bad. They all have their backstory and hold a purpose in each comic book. Prior to this blog I would define villains as the "bad guys" and superheroes as the "good guys" without question. Although the villains are, more or less, still the "bad guys," theres more to them then we never bothered to look at. Reflecting back on my previous blog posts, I can't imagine what any superhero would be like without a villain to fight against. There would be no excitement or adventure in the comic if there were no villain. I also learned that we, as readers of comics, overlook villains and their past. In reality, we only care about the superhero when we should be looking at both sides of the story. Villains really are the necessary evil, and without them, there wouldn't be as big of a need for superheroes. As readers of my blog, I hope that you have learned more about the relationship between superheroes and villains. Stop whatever you're doing right now and try to imagine something for me: what would batman be without joker? who would wonder woman be without villains? why would captain america exist without red skull?  Next time before you judge a villain and his action, you should take a step back and realize that the comic you are reading needs that villain in order to succeed and form a storyline. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment