Thursday, October 22, 2015

Wonder Woman and Genocide

Hello readers! Welcome back! This week I thought that discussing another Wonder Woman/villian relationship would strengthen my blog posts up to this point.  Today, I will be discussing a photo where, ironically, Wonder Woman is actually being defeated. I will be talking about Wonder Womans enemy, GENOCIDE. Genocide is a villain that was created to be stronger than those of the Justice League. Genocide has both superhuman strength and invulnerability, she is basically an unbeatable villain.

In this image of Genocide holding Wonder Woman, it is ironic how Wonder Woman is actually still alive! Genocide generally does not have mercy, but similar to what I discussed in my blog post "Female Heroes and Villains vs. Men?", I guarantee that because Wonder Woman is a girl the Genocide is giving her mercy. Another ironic thing about their relationship is that Wonder Woman's Lasso of truth is actually embedded into Genocide's arms, back, and shoulders. In my opinion, I think that Genocide is the "villain-version" of Wonder Woman. Although later in their career Genocide kills Wonder Woman, she holds back from killing Wonder Woman for as long as possible. I would not be surprised if Wonder Woman and Genocide teamed up, prior to Wonder Woman's death, and stood up for their roles as female heroes/villains. This image also shows Genocide stealing Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth, which makes me believe that Genocide looked up to Wonder Woman as a female with powers. I think that Genocide was trying to take Wonder Woman's place - that is why she killed her - but instead of promoting good, Genocide promoted bad. Genocide, in my opinion, was jealous of Wonder Woman.

Sources: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Genocide_(New_Earth)

No comments:

Post a Comment